Saturday, July 19, 2008

Workin' 9 to 5's....

So my first full-time job is a counselor position at a day summer camp called Time Tunnel, which is run out of the NYS Museum. I attended the summer camp when I was a kid, and I always wanted to come back as a counselor.
Since I wanted to make some socks anyway, and the 9 to 5's were on my Ravelry queue, I coincided the creation of some 9 to 5's with my first 9-5 (although actually 9-4:30) job.

Then, my mother made a really good suggestion. Because I take a commuter bus into Albany with her (my mom works at the museum, and it's about an hour away from where we live), I have at least 3 hours a day in which I have nothing to do but ride a bus. Since I'm a pretty fast knitter, and socks are easy portable projects, she thought it would be cool to make three pairs of socks (for each of the three two-week summer camp sessions). So, that's what I have decided to do.

I haven't yet decided what the other two pairs are going to be, but I'll figure it out tomorrow. It's the end of week two and I'm not done with the 9 to 5's yet! Just a half a sock left to go...

No comments: