Monday, March 3, 2008

Delays and Things that came up...

As usual, over midterm break, nothing in my Ravelry queue was started, worked on, or finished. Instead, I worked on a bunch of things that I randomly found in my house, because somehow things always seem to come up...

So, instead of getting any yarn for the stuff on my queue, I discovered an unwanted stash of acrylic and a pattern for mug cozies. I spent the first few days of break knitting three--one fuzzy green chunky, one red variegated bouclé, and one Red Heart Super Saver Pink. They came out very well, and I am planning on knitting more for my mugs here at school.

Then my mom decided that she wanted us to learn how to knit toe-up socks together. She found what looked like an easy pattern, and gave me some pretty dark teal wool, and told me to "figure it out," then show her how to do it. Well by the time she actually started her first sock, I was halfway finished with the foot of my second. ^_^
So they're finished and pretty--I added a pattern sequence from the Vogue sock book that my mom just got, and now I know how to knit toe-ups!

I finished the socks up on the way back to school yesterday, and as soon as I got here I got online and looked for something in my queue that I could make from a ball of really pretty purple acrylic that I purloined from home. It's worsted, so I decided to make a pair of Fetching, because I want something to wear on my hands inside when they get cold, and Knucks don't really work for me when I'm knitting. So I cast on last night, and all I have left to do on the first glove is the thumb. However, I'm planning on doing both thumbs one after the other, so I am a few rows into the 2nd glove. I'm excited.

Also, I am really really thinking about ordering a bunch of sock yarn from KnitPicks, including some for a pair of socks that my friend wants me to make her. So when I do that, I should have a bunch of my queue to work on! ^_^

No comments: