Monday, February 18, 2008

Knitting standstill...

This is awful. I don't have anything to knit! I am working on another pair of Knucks, but once you knit something, it gets a bit boring to do the same project over again with the exact same yarn, etc. So I've been working on the 2nd pair on and off, but I am itching to find more yarn to start another of the projects on my Ravelry queue. The next on the list is the Sesame sweater, but I'm not getting that yarn until I get home next week, and I don't think I'm going to start it there, just because I don't want to travel with it as a WIP. So after that on the list is a pair of Snicket Socks, which is good for a next project, but I have a problem. That problem is that I don't have any fingering weight yarn. I also don't have anywhere to get any at the moment, because the closest LYS is in another state (Granted, it is only about 30 minutes away, but as I don't have a car, I don't think my friend that has a car would bring me there for yarn, haha.). Sooo I guess I'll just have to wait until break, because I was talking to my mom the other day, and she told me that one of the yarn stores near my hometown closed recently, but also that another one just opened, and that she'd take a day off from work while I am home for break & we can have a road trip to the LYS (although it doesn't really turn out to be the L part, as it's about 1 hour away). So maybe while I'm there I can stock up on some various fingering weight yarns, because almost all of the socks on my queue call for that weight. Hmm...I don't think I've ever actually gone to a yarn shop looking specifically for yarn for a certain project--normally I just pick out the yarn & then decide what to make out of it. Either way, it'll be fun!
I should also pick up a set of 1US and 2US dpns, because, again, most of the socks in my queue are knitted on those sizes. So I think a new pair of socks will be good for over break, and when I return to school, I can start my Sesame!! (because hopefully I will have gotten the yarn I need for that while I'm at home!)


...Thank goodness I have a fiber addict as a mom; she openly and freely encourages me to feed my need for yarn by buying lots for me! *evil grin*

No comments: